Worried about your beloved family pet and would like to ensure they are always accounted for? Look no further than a dog GPS tracker.
These incredible devices can provide you with peace of mind by always keeping track of your dog’s whereabouts. Whether you have an escape artist or a dog that loves to explore, a dog GPS tracking collar can be a game-changer.
With features like geofencing, real-time tracking, and activity monitoring, you’ll always know where your pup is and what they’re up to. Plus, some trackers even offer health insights and social community features.
Dog GPS Tracker Australia
Below we have compiled a list of seven of the best reliable and advanced GPS trackers for your dog, no matter where you live in Australia.
In addition to this, we discuss how GPS trackers work and what factors to look for when purchasing a dog GPS tracker.
To purchase any of the dog trackers or get more information on each tracking device, click the product links provided.
1. 4G Real Time GPS Dog Tracker Anti-Lost
Unleash the power of the G Real Time GPS Dog Tracker Anti-Lost and never lose sight of your furry companion again. This advanced GPS tracker provides real-time tracking and monitoring of your pet’s location, ensuring their safety and security wherever they may be.
With its lightweight neck design, the tracker attaches easily to your pet’s collar without adding discomfort or restrictions to their movement.
The G Real Time GPS Dog Tracker Anti-Lost connects to your mobile phone via a 4G/3G network, allowing you to remotely access the tracker and monitor your pet’s location in real time. The tracker also includes a Geo-Fence feature, which creates a boundary on the map and notifies you if your pet leaves or enters the designated area.
With two-way audio communication, you can even interact with your pet from a distance, enhancing your connection with your furry friend. The tracker has a water-resistant case and a fabric neck collar for added durability and comfort.
- Dimensions: 54mm x 40mm x 17mm
- Weight: 47g
- Connects via 4G/3G network
- Geo-Fence feature
- Two-way audio communication
- Real-time global tracking
- Lightweight and comfortable design
- Remote access and monitoring via mobile phone
- Geo-Fence for added security
- Two-way audio communication for interaction with your pet
- Relies on mobile phone network coverage
- Requires regular charging
- It may not be suitable for very small pets with tiny collars
Price & Purchase
2. Tractive GPS Tracker for Dogs
Keep track of your furry friend’s every move with the Tractive GPS tracker, ensuring their safety and your peace of mind. The Tractive GPS tracker for dogs is the world’s most-trusted GPS tracker, providing real-time tracking of your dog’s location with live updates every 2-3 seconds.
You can find your dog no matter how far they wander, with unlimited range and worldwide coverage. Set virtual fences to receive alerts when your dog leaves or enters certain areas, preventing them from wandering too far.
The location history feature lets you see where your dog goes throughout the day, giving you insight into their routines and activities.
- Real-time tracking with live updates every 2-3 seconds
- Virtual fence feature to set safe zones and receive alerts
- Location history to track your dog’s movements
- Waterproof and suitable for dogs of all sizes
- Provides peace of mind knowing the exact location of your dog at all times
- It helps prevent your dog from getting lost or going where they shouldn’t
- It gives insight into your dog’s routines and favourite spots
- Easy to use and comfortable for your dog to wear
- Requires a subscription plan to use the tracker
- May have limited availability in certain regions for ordering
- Battery life may vary depending on usage
Price & Purchase
$79.99 – Buy Tractive GPS Tracker for Dogs
3. 4G Multifunctional SIM Card GPS Tracker for Pets
Stay connected to your beloved furry friend with the G Multifunctional SIM Card GPS Tracker for Pets. Ensure their safety and your peace of mind with this versatile device.
The tracker monitors your pet’s location in real time, allowing you to track their movements from anywhere. With its 4G mobile network technology, you can remotely access the tracker through your mobile phone, providing constant monitoring capabilities.
The intelligent alert system notifies you immediately in case of emergencies, allowing you to take immediate action. The two-way audio communication feature lets you listen to your pet’s surroundings, providing an extra layer of security.
The Geo-fence function adds an extra level of safety by placing a virtual barrier around the device and alerting you when your pet leaves the designated area.
- Dimensions: 60mm x 40mm x 21mm
- Pet Collar: Black or Blue
- Colour: Black
- Weight: 41.5g
- Model: VIM-PET6-B
- Real-time tracking capabilities
- Remote access through mobile phone
- Intelligent alert system for emergencies
- Two-way audio communication
- Geo-fence function for added safety
- Requires a 4G mobile network
- It may be bulky for smaller pets
- Limited battery life
Price & Purchase
4. Fi Series 3 Smart Dog Collar
If you’re looking for a reliable and advanced GPS dog tracker in Australia, the Fi Series 3 Smart Dog Collar is definitely worth considering.
Building upon the success of its previous models, the Fi Series 3 offers live GPS tracking using GPS and LTE-M Cellular Networks, ensuring accurate and real-time location data for your furry companion.
The collar also boasts a range of impressive features, including escape alerts that notify you when your dog leaves a safe zone, health monitoring capabilities such as step tracking, sleep monitoring, and nap times, and an impressive battery life of 3 months on a single charge.
The Fi Series 3 is also known for its compact and lightweight design, making it comfortable for your dog to wear. It has been tested against other GPS trackers and has been found to have the quickest and most accurate notifications for escape scenarios. However, it’s important to note that some users have reported occasional errors in notifications, causing unnecessary panic.
- Live GPS tracking using GPS and LTE-M Cellular Networks
- Escape alerts when your dog leaves a safe zone
- Health monitoring, including step tracking, sleep monitoring, and nap times
- 3 months battery life on one charge
- Package dimensions: 23.29 x 16.99 x 5.21 cm
- Item weight: 440 g
- ASIN: B0C43ZKWJT
- Batteries: 1 Lithium Polymer batteries required. (included)
- Date first available: 2 May 2023
- Accurate and real-time live GPS tracking
- Compact and lightweight design
- Impressive battery life
- Occasional errors in notifications
Price & Purchase
$218.00 – Buy Fi Series 3 Smart Dog Collar
5. Pawfit 2 Pet GPS Tracker & Activity Monitor
The Pawfit 2 Pet GPS Tracker & Activity Monitor provides accurate updates on your pet’s location and monitors their movements, making it easier than ever to keep track of them. Utilizing GPS, WiFi, and cellular technology, this tracker ensures reliable and real-time location tracking.
You can also set custom activity goals based on your pet’s breed and weight, allowing you to monitor their steps, distance, calories burned and active and rest hours.
The Pawfit 2 is designed to be pet-friendly, with an IP68 waterproof and dustproof rating, a hardened ABS shell, and the ability to attach to any collar or harness up to 32mm wide.
The tracker has a 700 mAh battery that lasts up to 6 days for regular use and can be recharged in just 2.5 hours.
The user-friendly app is compatible with iOS and Android devices, allowing you to track your pet’s location and activities, receive alerts, and manage up to 4 pets with up to 10 safety zones.
- Embedded SIM with coverage in both Europe and North America
- Text-to-speech technology for broadcasting pet’s ID
- Alerts for abnormal surrounding temperature, removal of the tracker, and crossing of safety zones
- 4.8 x 3.3 x 1.4 cm dimensions; 30 grams weight
- ASIN: B082F7J7LW
- Batteries: 1 Lithium Polymer battery is required
- Date First Available: 20 July 2022
- Accurate location tracking with GPS, WiFi, and cellular technology
- Customizable activity goals based on the pet’s breed and weight
- Pet-friendly design with IP68 waterproof and dustproof rating
- User-friendly app compatible with iOS and Android devices
- Long battery life of up to 6 days for regular use
- Synchronization with the app may take time
- Battery needs to be charged overnight every 2-3 days
- App subscription is needed for a dog walker to use the app without subscribing
Price & Purchase
6. Mini GPS Tracker Real Time Tracking Device
Get real time tracking for your dog friend with the Mini GPS Tracker – the perfect device to ensure your dog’s safety and whereabouts are always within reach.
This mini tracker offers a range of features, making it an ideal choice for dog owners. With its live tracking and history route feature, you can easily monitor your dog’s movements. Additionally, you can call the tracker to get your pet’s current location instantly.
The Mini GPS Tracker has a long standby battery life of up to 150-200 hours, ensuring that you can track your dog for extended periods without worrying about the battery running out.
Its waterproof and robust design (IP66) ensures durability so that you can confidently use it even in harsh weather conditions.
- Size: 2.44 x 1.18 x 0.71, Weight: 30 g
- GPS sensitivity: -159 dBm, GPS accuracy: 5m
- Charger: Input: 110-220 V output: 5 V
- Battery: 3.7 V 500 mAh Li-ion battery
- Standby time: 7-10 days
- Package includes: 1 GPS tracker, 1 USB cable, 1 user manual
- Requires a 2G SIM card for 850/900/1800/1900MHz (not included)
- No subscription required
- Live tracking and history route features are available
- Long standby battery life of up to 150-200 hours
- Worldwide location coverage in over 150 countries
- Manage functions through a free GPS app for iOS and Android or any internet browser
- Requires technical knowledge for setup and instructions
- The app interface may not be visually appealing, but it functions well
- Requires a working SIM card with good coverage for messaging functionality
- It does not replace the need for proper pet training
Price & Purchase
How GPS Trackers Work for Dogs and Cats In Australia
GPS trackers are an invaluable tool for pet owners in Australia who want to monitor their furry friends closely. These devices work by utilizing satellite technology to pinpoint the exact location of your dog or cat at any given time. Let’s take a closer look at how these GPS trackers operate.
Firstly, the tracker uses satellites orbiting the Earth to calculate your pet’s precise coordinates. This information is then transmitted back to a receiver, a smartphone app or a computer interface. Accessing this receiver lets you easily track your pet’s movements and ensure their safety.
In addition to relying solely on satellites, some GPS trackers also use mobile cellular networks. This means that despite limited satellite reception in certain areas, the tracker can still send data through cellular signals. As a result, you can have peace of mind knowing that you can locate your pet regardless of their surroundings.
It’s important to note that while GPS trackers provide accurate location information, certain factors can affect their precision. Terrain features like dense forests or tall buildings may interfere with satellite signals and impact accuracy. Similarly, adverse weather conditions such as heavy rain or storms might temporarily disrupt tracking capabilities.
Importance of Dog GPS Trackers
Ensuring the safety and well-being of our furry friends is a top priority for dog owners, and that’s where dog GPS trackers come into play. These devices have become increasingly popular in Australia due to their numerous benefits.
- Peace of mind: With a dog GPS tracker, you can know that you can locate your dog at any time.
- Safety: GPS trackers provide an added layer of protection, especially for dogs that tend to wander off or get lost easily.
- Activity monitoring: By using a dog GPS tracker, you can keep track of your dog’s activity levels and ensure they are getting enough exercise for their health.
Dog GPS trackers are an essential tool for pet owners in Australia, offering location tracking and valuable insights into your dog’s well-being.
With these devices, you can be confident that your furry friend is safe and accounted for, no matter where they may roam.
Factors to Consider When Buying A Dog Gps Tracker
When buying a dog GPS tracker, several important factors must be considered. Here we list all these important factors.
To ensure your dog’s GPS tracker doesn’t run out of juice, you’ll need to watch its battery life like a hawk. Here are some key points to consider when it comes to battery life for dog GPS trackers in Australia:
- Battery Capacity:
- Look for trackers with larger battery capacities, as they will last longer between charges.
- Consider trackers with rechargeable batteries, as they can be more convenient and cost-effective in the long run.
- Power Saving Modes:
- Some trackers have power-saving modes that can help extend battery life.
- These modes may reduce the frequency of location updates or limit certain features to conserve power.
Remember, the battery life of a GPS collar or tracker will vary depending on factors such as usage, location updates, and tracking intervals. It’s essential to choose a tracker that meets your specific needs and provides a balance between battery life and tracking accuracy.
Size & Weight
Size and weight are crucial factors to consider when choosing a GPS tracker for your pet. A lightweight and compact design is essential for convenience and comfort.
Finding a small, lightweight tracker is important to avoid discomfort and restrict your dog’s movement. A smaller size also means it won’t be easily detected or cause inconvenience during outdoor activities.
A lightweight tracker won’t burden your dog or affect their natural behaviour. Finding a balance between size and weight is essential for both comfort and accurate location tracking.
Imagine taking your adventurous pup for a swim in a picturesque lake, and they’re wearing a water-resistant GPS tracker that can withstand the splashes and dives without missing a beat.
Regarding dog GPS trackers, water resistance is an essential feature to consider. You want a tracker that can handle both water activities and unpredictable weather conditions.
Look for GPS tracking devices specifically designed for pets labelled as waterproof or water-resistant. These trackers are designed to withstand exposure to water, whether it’s rain, splashes, or even total submersion.
With a water-resistant dog GPS tracker, you can have peace of mind knowing that your furry friend is safe, even during water adventures in Australia’s beautiful lakes, rivers, or beaches.
A wide range is crucial when choosing a GPS tracker for your adventurous pup. It lets you keep track of their whereabouts even when they roam far and wide. When considering the range of a GPS tracker for your dog in Australia, it’s essential to look for the following features:
- Long-distance tracking: Opt for a GPS tracker with a range that suits your dog’s roaming habits. Some trackers can reach up to several miles, ensuring you can locate your dog even in large open areas.
- Reliable signal strength: Ensure the tracker has a strong signal in various terrains and environments, including forests, mountains, and urban areas. This will prevent any loss of connection or inaccurate tracking.
- Real-time updates: Choose a GPS tracker with frequent and accurate location updates. This will allow you to quickly locate your dog and ensure their safety, especially if they tend to wander off frequently.
- Adjustable range settings: Look for a tracker that allows you to customize the range settings according to your needs. This feature can be particularly useful if you want to set boundaries for your dog or receive alerts when they go beyond a certain distance.
By considering these factors, you can find a GPS tracker with the proper range to keep your dog safe and accounted for in Australia.
Accuracy is paramount when choosing a GPS tracker for your furry companion. It ensures that their location is pinpointed precisely, giving you peace of mind.
When considering GPS trackers, it’s important to prioritize accuracy. This will effectively track your dog’s movements. Look for trackers that utilize advanced GPS technology to provide accurate and reliable location data.
These trackers should have a minimal margin for error and offer real-time tracking capabilities. Pay attention to features such as signal strength and the number of satellites the tracker can connect to. These factors directly impact accuracy.
Additionally, consider the reputation and customer reviews of the GPS tracker. This will gauge its accuracy in real-world scenarios. By investing in a highly accurate GPS tracker, you can confidently monitor your dog’s whereabouts and ensure their safety in Australia’s vast and diverse landscapes.
When it comes to keeping your furry friend safe and secure, finding the perfect GPS tracker at an affordable price can be a game-changer for you and your best buddy.
In Australia, various options are available for dog GPS trackers, each with its own price range.
Here are some factors to consider when looking at the price of GPS dog collars:
- GPS trackers can range in price from around $50 to over $200, depending on the features and capabilities.
- Some trackers require a monthly subscription fee to access their tracking services, ranging from $10 to $30 monthly.
- Higher-priced trackers may offer more advanced features like real time tracking, activity monitoring, and health insights.
- It’s important to balance cost with the specific needs of your dog and the level of functionality you desire.
Ultimately, the price of a dog GPS tracker in Australia will depend on your budget and the features you prioritize for your furry friend’s safety and well-being.
Mobile Subscription Costs
Considering your budget and the level of functionality you desire, it’s essential to factor in the ongoing subscription costs when choosing a GPS tracker for your furry companion in Australia. Subscription costs can vary depending on the brand and features of the tracker.
Many GPS trackers require a monthly or yearly subscription to access their full services, such as real-time tracking, geofencing, and activity monitoring. These subscription fees cover the cellular or satellite data required for location tracking and data transmission.
When comparing subscription costs, it’s essential to consider the value you will get from the services provided. Some trackers offer tiered subscription plans with different levels of features and benefits. Additionally, it’s worth checking if there are any additional fees for multiple pets or if there are any discounts available for longer-term subscriptions.
By considering the subscription costs along with other factors, you can choose a GPS tracker that meets your needs and fits within your budget.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Are there any specific regulations or laws regarding using GPS trackers for dogs in Australia?
There are no specific regulations or laws regarding using GPS trackers for dogs in Australia. However, it is important to ensure that using GPS trackers does not violate any privacy laws or infringe on others’ rights.
2. Can GPS trackers for dogs in Australia be used in both urban and rural areas?
GPS trackers for dogs in Australia can be used in both urban and rural areas. They rely on cell towers for location tracking, making them suitable for urban environments. However, they may also work in rural areas with reliable cell coverage.
3. What is the average battery life of GPS trackers for dogs in Australia?
The average battery life of GPS trackers for dogs in Australia varies depending on the specific device and its usage. However, most trackers typically last 2 to 7 days on a single charge.
4. Are there any limitations to the range of GPS trackers for dogs in Australia?
The range of GPS trackers for dogs in Australia can vary depending on the type of tracker. Mobile cellular GPS trackers rely on cell towers and have a range limited to areas with reliable cell coverage.
Radiofrequency trackers, like the Garmin GPS Collar, have a long-range tracking capability and are suitable for outdoor activities in the countryside. Consider the range you need based on your dog’s activities and location.
5. Are there any additional features or accessories available for GPS trackers for dogs in Australia?
Yes, additional features and accessories are available for dog GPS trackers in Australia.
Some examples include activity monitoring, health insights, geofencing, and social community features. There are also accessories like collar attachments and mounting options for convenience.
6. Can I use a pet tracker for my cat as well?
Yes! Many pet trackers are suitable for both dogs and cats. Ensure that the device is lightweight and comfortable for your feline friend.
7. Will my pet be bothered by wearing a GPS tracker?
Most pets quickly adapt to wearing a GPS tracker. Start by introducing the device gradually and reward your pet with treats or praise to create positive associations.
8. Can I set up safe zones for my pet using a GPS tracker?
Absolutely! Many pet trackers allow you to set up virtual boundaries called geofences. If your pet crosses these boundaries, you’ll receive an alert on your smartphone.
9. Are Airtag dog collars a better solution than GPS trackers, and what are some of the major differences?
- Size and Weight: Airtags are relatively small and lightweight, which may be suitable for attaching to personal belongings but might not be ideal for pet collars, especially for larger or more active dogs. The additional weight could be uncomfortable or restrictive for your pet.
- Limited Range: Airtags rely on Bluetooth technology for tracking, which means they have a limited range of approximately 100-200 feet. This range is generally insufficient for tracking a pet that can roam far from home.
- Battery Life: Airtags have a replaceable battery, but their small size limits their capacity. Depending on usage and settings, the battery might not last as long as dedicated pet GPS trackers that are designed for extended battery life.
- Pet-Specific Features: Pet GPS trackers often come with additional features specifically designed for pet safety and monitoring, such as real-time tracking, geofencing, activity monitoring, and temperature alerts. Airtags lack these pet-specific functionalities.
- Durability and Water Resistance: Pet GPS trackers are usually designed to be more durable and water-resistant to withstand the rough conditions that pets might encounter outdoors. Airtags might not be as robust in this regard.
- Security Concerns: Some pet owners might be concerned about the security and safety of using Airtags as pet collars, especially if they could easily detach or cause harm to the pet if not securely attached.
In conclusion, a dog GPS tracker is invaluable for keeping your furry friend safe and accounted for in the vast Australian landscape. With its advanced features like geofencing, real-time tracking, and activity monitoring, this device offers peace of mind to pet parents.
Whether you choose a cellular GPS tracker for urban areas, a Bluetooth tracker for shorter-range tracking, or a radio frequency tracker for wilderness adventures, the choice depends on your specific needs.
So, don’t let your dog get lost in the vastness of the Outback. Equip them with a GPS tracker and embark on worry-free adventures together.